The Inside Sales Representative’s job is primarily a customer service function and entails selling or introducing represented products to established and new clients, in close conjunction with an outside sales representative. Key activities of the Inside Sales Representative include developing customer relationships, handling incoming sales calls, making outbound sales calls, providing customer technical support, and closing sales opportunities. The Inside Sales Representative contributes to the Company’s success by promoting profitable sales growth.
Inside Sales Representative reports to the Inside Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as a team with Outside Sales Representatives, Operations and Administration to meet customer expectations and provide profitable sales growth.
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships.
- Provide superior customer service
o Provide information on product availability.
o Provide schedule, delivery and freight information.
- Provide technical assistance to customers
o Provide product technical specifications.
o Suggest ACF products for typical applications.
o Identify more difficult applications to Outside Sales for follow-up.
o Perform project take-offs from plans specifying ACF Products with high levels of accuracy.
o Assist in Value Engineering of project plans that do not specify ACF Products, consulting with the customer or project engineer as necessary to gather missing information.
- Qualify/Issue/Follow-up on quotes
o Review specifications and product requirements.
o Price products in accordance with pricing policies in order to maximize gross profit.
o Make outbound sales calls. “Up-sell” and “add-on sell” whenever possible.
- Process orders accurately and effectively
o Investigate account status for credit.
o Enter orders into the FACTS system in accordance with current policies.
o Coordinate with purchasing to obtain accurate cost data for direct orders.
o Resolve billing errors and process credits in accordance with policy.
o Negotiate material returns.
- Participate in training and programs as required.
- Comply with all Company policies as put forward in the Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly. Spanish as a second language beneficial.
- Business courses in marketing, communications, retail sales and computer sciences are helpful, but not a requirement.
- Sales aptitude and competitive nature, a must win attitude
Skills and Abilities
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed team entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional skill in mathematics.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent telephone sales personality skills.
- Prominent organization and time management skills
- Highly energetic and self-starter.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Able to multi-task the activities with shifting priorities.
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.