Accounting Collection Assistant contributes to the company’s success by performing a variety of accounting tasks in support of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collections – Maintain high volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers, accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts utilizing sales and management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Review credit applications and set-up accounts.
- Process lien waivers.
- File Notice to Owners.
- Account reconciling – review customer inquiries, fax/scan information, clear up any discrepancies.
- Data entry/billing – back-up #2.
- Credit card processing/settlement and posting – back-up.
- Coding and entry of freight bills.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by management.
- Work as a team with all departments to meet internal/external customer and manager satisfaction.
- Maintain friendly, cooperative relationships with employees and customers.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Education and Experience
- BS Degree and 2+ years collections experience
- General accounting knowledge
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent PC and Microsoft Office skills – advanced level of excel required.
- Problem solving skills to overcome obstacles, being persuasive and persistent when necessary.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with a team of employees to meet objectives.
- Ability to follow directions with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, environment.