The Erosion Eel, by its very nature, functions to help prevent physical degradation of the environment by enhancing water quality. It is an environmentally friendly, low impact erosion and sediment control device. It may be placed over multiple surfaces including soil, asphalt, concrete, and surface rock. Increased flow rates through the filter material as compared to silt fence helps to prevent localized flooding during storm events.
Erosion Eel is reusable within a project and can be moved to other project sites. It minimizes the amount of new product manufacturing (involving extraction of natural resources, additional manufactured products into the environment). At the end of eel cycle, rubber material is cleaned and reused in new eels that are produced.
– Easy installation with no trenching required
– Durable, reusable, and easily moved
– DOT Approved in many states
– Replaces silt fence, rock check dams, temporary diversion berms, and storm/inlet drain protection
– Weight of unit holds it securely to curb surface